The ue4-shootergame game has crashed and will close an error that is faced by the users playing Ark Survival Evolved. If you are also facing this issue, follow this guide. It is a startup error; whenever the user tries to launch the game, the game crashes with this error on the screen. No matter how often the user launches the game, the issue does not disappear. The issue is limited to PC users only, especially if you are playing this game on the Steam client. The purpose of this guide is to give you some possible ways by which the issue can be resolved.
Causes of The UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close Issue
The users who have faced this issue and the game developers have confirmed that there are some possible causes of this issue. According to the developers, the issue can occur because of possible corruption in the game files, or some files might be missing. Furthermore, if you are trying to play the game without downloading the map, the issue also seems to persist. Follow the methods below to fix The UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close ark issue.
Similar Types of The UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close Issue
- Fatal error
- Epic games
- Assertion failed
- The Ue4 shootergame has crashed ark 2020
- The ue4 shootergame crashed in 2019
How to Fix The UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close Issue
We have gathered some solutions to fix the issue that the users and developers have suggested. Follow them to easily get rid of this issue.
1. Temporary Issue Try Restarting
There are chances that ark survival evolved. The UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close issue is temporary, according to many users; if applications run in the background, you might face crashes while running the game. Due to application services, it creates glitches. Furthermore, the memory also gets distributed among running applications. If that is the case, you might face crash issues.
- Close the game completely, end it from the task manager, then relaunch the game
- If the issue persists, then shut down your system and restart it after a few minutes, and hopefully, the game will run fine
- In case the issue persists, follow the below method
2. Download Maps
One of the major and overlooked causes of the ue4-shootergame game has crashed and will close ark issue is missing maps. You might face a crash issue if you try to run the game with a certain location. This is because the map has not been downloaded. Various users have confirmed that the issue will be resolved once you have downloaded the map of the location you want to play.
Follow the below steps to download the Map.
- STEP 1. While you are running Steam and to the Store tab located above
- STEP 2. Once the page is opened, scroll down below, you will find Downloadable Content
- STEP 3. Just below, there will be the ARK expansion map
- STEP 4. Once the download is finished, try running the game, and hopefully, it will run fine
3. Deleting Problematic Folders
If the above method did not solve your issue, then certainly the issue is with your game cache data. Follow the below steps to fix the ark. The UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close the issue.
- STEP 1. Close the Game and Steam client completely, end it from the task manager as well
- STEP 2. Now head to the below path
c: > steam > steamapps > common > ARK > shootergame
- STEP 3. Once you reach into the Shooter Game folder, locate and delete a folder named saved
- STEP 4. Once done, try running the game
In the above troubleshooting guide, we have gone through various methods to fix The UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close issue. We have also talked about all the possible causes of this issue.
We hope this article solves your UE4-Shootergame Game Has Crashed and Will Close issue; for more guides on gaming, follow us. Thank you!