Divinity Original Sin 2 is a single and multiplayer game published by the famous Bandai Namco. The game is available for various devices, including PC, Xbox, and Nintendo. The game takes place in a fantasy world of Revelation, and the story starts where the first part is finished. You play the role of a Sourcerer. Furthermore, you can team up with your two friends as well. The game is stunning and adventurous. Our today’s troubleshooting guide is based on this game; many users have complained in forums and websites about the constant crashing of the game. Some users claim that the game crashes right after launching, while others claim it crashes after a few minutes of playing. If you are also facing the same issue, follow this guide. We will cover different ways to eliminate the Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly issue.
Causes of Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly Issue
As far as the crashing is concerned, no single cause triggers the error. As we went through the complaints and solutions to the Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly issue. We found out that there are a lot of reasons that can trigger this issue. First is the system requirements; if your system fails to fulfill minimum requirements, then the issue might occur. Also, multiple graphics-related issues like windowed mode and anti-aliasing; if turned on, then, can cause the crash. Some other causes are mentioned below.
- Pending Updates
- Any overlay application running
- GPU/CPU overclocked
- DirectX failure
Similar Types of Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly Issue
- On startup
- Divinity: original sin 2 DirectX crash
- Randomly 2019
- On load
- divinity original sin 2 crashes to desktop
- Divinity: original sin 2 crash multiplayer
- While loading
How to Fix Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly Issue
Well, Issues have commonly seen while using Windows 10. If you face this in any other windows, the below methods can be easily applied.
1. Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Before you proceed to any other Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly methods, it is recommended that you must go through these points first.
- Cross-check the minimum game requirements
- Update Your Windows
- Update the game
- Update Graphics Driver
2. Disable Overlay Applications
If you are running any of the below applications, make sure to disable them, as these applications and services create Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing on startup issues when running the game.
- Performance monitoring and Game boosting application
- Broadcasting And Streaming applications
- Video and audio recording applications
- Sharing apps
- GeForce Experience
- Game Bar
3. Run the Game with Windows 7 Compatibility
Some users claim that the crash stop once the game is run using the Windows 7 compatibility mode. Follow the Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly steps to do so.
- STEP 1. On the Desktop, Right-click the game shortcut
- STEP 2. From the menu list, click on the open file location
- STEP 3. Locate the launcher file, right-click on it,
- STEP 4. Go to Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab
- STEP 5. Now tick on Run this program in compatibility mode for
- STEP 6. From the Dropdown menu, choose Windows 7
- STEP 7. Also, tick on Run this program as an administrator option
- STEP 8. Once done try running the game
4. Disable the NahimicService
Users have claimed that the NahimicService is a service that has been causing these constant Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing multiplayer. It is suggested that you should disable this service.
- STEP 1. Head to the taskbar at the bottom and right-click
- STEP 2. Now from the menu list, choose Task Manager
- STEP 3. Head to the Services tab and locate NahimicService
- STEP 4. Once you find it, right-click on it and make sure to click Stop
- STEP 5. Once done, press the Windows+R key on the keyboard
- STEP 6. A small window will pop up; type Msconfig then hit Enter
- STEP 7. Now go to the Services tab, locate NahimicService, now uncheck it
- STEP 8. Once done, close the window, press the Windows+R key, type services.msc, and hit Enter
- STEP 9. Again locate NahimicService, go to its properties
- STEP 10. Now set the Startup Type Disabled
- STEP 11. Once done, you are all set; run the game without any issue
Divinity Original Sin 2 Crashing Randomly is a common and known issue; the above methods are very helpful in fixing the issue. This troubleshooting guide has tried multiple ways of eliminating the issue. We have also talked about the possible causes of this issue.
We hope by following this guide, your issue will be fixed. For more similar guides on gaming, follow us. Thank you!