If you are also getting Rainbow Six Siege Crashing then read out the whole article from here. We all know Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy series and Six Seige is a successor to Tom Clancy Patriots. The game is a tactical shooter game and can be played single and multiplayer. If you like destruction, shooting, and many actions, this game will satisfy you.
The game is already released for PC, Xbox One and PS4. Today’s guide is especially for PC users, as some are facing crash issues. According to the users, the game crashes right away whenever they try to launch or run the game. This guide aims to give you possible and working ways to fix the Rainbow Six siege crashing issue.
Causes of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Crashing Problem
Talking of the possible causes behind Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Crashing mid-game Issue, the main cause is R6 sound data. Developers themselves have confirmed that R6 sound data is responsible for these crash issues. Furthermore, the outdated graphics driver is also a possible cause. Some users have confirmed that the issue occurs if the cloud saves are turned on. Last but not least is RAM capacity. If multiple applications are running in the background, the game does not leave with enough RAM thus resulting in a crash.
- R6 sound data
- Outdated graphics driver
- Cloud save turned on
- Low RAM capacity
Similar Types of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Crashing Issue
- When joining the game in 2019
- Rainbow six siege crashing pc 2020
- PC 2019
- Rainbow Six Siege crashed on a startup
- Mid game
- August 2019
- Rainbow Six Siege crashing on the menu
- Mid game 2020
How to Fix Rainbow Six Siege Crashing Problem Issue
Well, fixing Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Crashing 2019 Issue is not too hard; using the below-demonstrated methods, you can easily get rid of this issue. All the below methods are working as suggested by the developers and users.
1. Deleting R6 Sound Data & Verifying Integrity of File
This method will be done in two parts. In the first part, we will delete the problematic R6 sound data, as suggested by the developers. Then in the second part, we will check the integrity of the files. Follow the below methods to easily understand and fix the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing on the startup issue.
A). Delete R6 Sound Data
- STEP 1. Make sure that you have closed the game completely
- STEP 2. Now head to the game installation directory
For Steam: Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc
For Uplay: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc
- STEP 3. Once you have reached the installation directory, delete the PC folder
B). Checking the Integrity of Game Files
- STEP 1. Launch Steam and head to the Game Library
- STEP 2. In the game library, locate and right-click on Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Seige
- STEP 3. In the Properties window, head to the Local Files tab
- STEP 4. Below you will find a button to verify the integrity of game files; click on it
- STEP 5. Let the process complete, once done try launching the game, and hopefully, the issue will be gone
2. Disabling Cloud-Save
Another major cause of this Rainbow Six Siege Crashing PC 2017 issue is activated cloud save in Uplay. Multiple users have confirmed that if the cloud save is activated, and then you might face the issue. By following the below Rainbow Six Siege Crashing steps, you can easily disable the cloud save.
- STEP 1. While you are running the U-play client, click the menu, then go to Settings
- STEP 2. Now head to the General tab; you will find an option for Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games; uncheck the option
- STEP 3. Also, make sure to uncheck Enable in-game overlay for supported games as well
- STEP 4. Once done, save the changes, and you are done; try running the game
3. Perform a Clean Boot
Clean boot ensures that no third-party applications or services are running after the system startup. If many applications, processes, and services are running, it takes all the RAM and CPU memory, and the games crash below Rainbow Six Siege Crashing PC below steps to free up some RAM and prevent third-party apps from running.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start menu, type Run, and Hit Enter
- STEP 2. In the Run box, type msconfig then hit Enter
- STEP 3. Now go to the Services Tab and tickmark on Hide all Mircosoft service
- STEP 4. Also, click on Disable all button, now go to the Startup tab
- STEP 5. Below click on the Open Task Manager link
- STEP 6. All the applications that you see are the one that runs at the startup
- STEP 7. Disable each of them by right click > Disable
- STEP 8. Go back to the System Configuration window and click Apply
In this guide, we have seen different ways by which the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue can be fixed. This guide briefly discusses the possible causes and demonstrates all the solutions to this Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue.
For more guides like this Rainbow Six Siege Crashing, follow us. Thank you!