Talking of Modern Warfare, the game is quite famous for its bugs, errors, and crashes. Millions of users are facing errors and crashes while playing the game. Users have reported that as soon as they launch the game, a black screen appears and remains for a few seconds, and then the Call of Duty modern warfare fatal error appears with some code. The interesting thing is that every time you launch the game, you get to a different error code. This can be not very pleasant if you don’t know how to fix this. To put this error to an end, we have gathered some methods that will surely help fix the issue.
Causes of Modern Warfare Fatal Error Problem
When talking about the possible causes of this error, there are plenty. The causes vary depending upon the users. The error came because of the game boosting utility that comes by default in gaming PC and laptops. For some, the error appears because of the DirectX version. At the same time, some of them face this error because of low Vram and issues with the graphics settings.
- Memory Boost/ Game Boosting Utility in Gaming PCs and Laptops
- DirectX version incompatibility
- Issues with the Graphics Settings
- Low RAM
- G-sync issue
- Overlay applications
Similar Types of Modern Warfare Fatal Error Issue
- Call of Duty Error Reddit
- Dev error 6036 modern warfare
- Call of duty modern warfare remastered fatal error create2dtexture
- Dev error 6238 modern warfare
- Dev error 6164 modern warfare pc
- Fatal dev error modern warfare
- Modern warfare freezing pc
- Amdxc64.dll modern warfare
- Modern warfare launching error
- Modern warfare crashing pc
How to Fix Modern Warfare Fatal Error Problem Issue
To fix this error, below are some of the ways that have been working for users. All the methods have been explained using steps.
1. Check the Minimum Required Configuration
Suppose you are trying the run the game below the minimum Required Configuration of the game. Then most likely, this is the reason why the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error appears. Kindly check the minimum game requirements and see if your system satisfies those. Suppose it satisfies head on to methods. If not, then there is no way you can play the game without errors.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit (1709 or later)
- FREE DISK SPACE: 175 GB
2. Disable Game Boost Utilities
If you are using any gaming laptop or PC, make sure not to enable the game boost utility. Various users have reported that the game isn’t compatible with these tools, and this is one of the major reasons why it crashes with Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error. So it is recommended to disable the utility.
3. Using DirectX Version 11
Many users claim that the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error is occurring because of the DirectX version. Users have reported that the game is incompatible with Directx 12. So kindly change the DirectX version by following the steps.
- STEP 1. Run Battle.net launcher
- STEP 2. Now click on Options > Game Settings
- STEP 3. Tick on Additional Command Line Arguments and in the field paste the text below
- STEP 4. Save the change and try running the game without an error
4. Putting the Game to the Priority List
Another way users find the game to be working without any Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error is by putting the game on a priority list to give it enough memory to run the game. Follow the steps to see how you can do it.
- STEP 1. Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE, a new window will open up
- STEP 2. From the list, choose Task manager
- STEP 3. Under the process tab, locate call of duty
- STEP 4. Once you found it right-click on it, from the menu list, choose Go to details
- STEP 5. Again right-click on the Call of Duty
- STEP 6. Now select Priority and choose High
- STEP 7. Save the changes and check if the error appears
5. Use VPN
Many users have also recommended that the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error doesn’t appear if you use the VPN program. So try using any VPN program, there a lot of VPN program for free use, and some comes with the trial. So try and check the error appears.
6. Deleting the Player Folder
Another workaround for this error is to delete the player folder. Users have confirmed that deleting these folders or renaming them fixes the issue. Follow the steps.
- STEP 1. First of all, close the game, also from Task Manager
- STEP 2. Navigate to Documents > Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- STEP 3. You will see player folders inside the game folder. Delete them
- STEP 4. Now Run the game and check if the error persists
The above guide gives all the solutions to fix Modern Warfare Fatal Error. The article demonstrates various solutions that help in eliminating this issue.
For more similar guides and tips, follow us. Thank you!