Talking of Modern Warfare, the game is famous for its bugs, errors, and crashes. Millions of users are facing errors and crashes while playing the game. Users have reported that as soon as they launch the game, a black screen appears and remains for a few seconds, and then the Call of Duty modern warfare fatal error appears with some code. The exciting thing is that you get a different error code every time you launch the game. This cannot be very pleasant if you don’t know how to fix this. To put this error to an end, we have gathered some methods that will help fix the Modern Warfare Fatal Error issue.
Causes of Modern Warfare Fatal Error Problem
When talking about the possible causes of this error, there are plenty. The causes vary depending on the users. The Modern Warfare Fatal Error came because of the game-boosting utility that comes by default in gaming PC and laptops. For some, the error appears because of the DirectX version. At the same time, some of them face this error because of low Vram and issues with the graphics settings.
- Memory Boost/ Game Boosting Utility in Gaming PCs and Laptops
- DirectX version incompatibility
- Issues with the Graphics Settings
- Low RAM
- G-sync issue
- Overlay applications
Similar Types of Modern Warfare Fatal Error Issue
- Call of Duty Error Reddit
- Dev error 6036 modern warfare
- Call of modern duty warfare remastered fatal error create2dtexture
- Dev error 6238 modern warfare
- Dev error 6164 modern warfare pc
- Fatal dev error modern warfare
- Modern warfare freezing pc
- Amdxc64.dll modern warfare
- Modern warfare launching error
- Modern warfare crashing pc
How to Fix Modern Warfare Fatal Error Problem Issue
To fix this Modern Warfare Fatal Error, below are some of the ways that have been working for users. All the methods have been explained using Modern Warfare Fatal Error steps.
1. Check the Minimum Required Configuration
Suppose you are trying to run the game below the minimum Required Configuration. Then most likely, this is the reason why the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error appears. Kindly check the minimum game requirements and see if your system satisfies those. Suppose it meets head-on to methods. If not, then there is no way you can play the game without errors.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit (1709 or later)
- FREE DISK SPACE: 175 GB
2. Disable Game Boost Utilities
If you are using any gaming laptop or PC, make sure not to enable the game boost utility. Various users have reported that the game isn’t compatible with these tools, which is one of the primary reasons it crashes with Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error. So it is recommended to disable the utility.
3. Using DirectX Version 11
Many users claim the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error is occurring because of the DirectX version. Users have reported that the game is incompatible with Directx 12. So kindly change the DirectX version by following the steps.
- STEP 1. Run Battle.net launcher
- STEP 2. Now click on Options > Game Settings
- STEP 3. Tick on Additional Command Line Arguments, and in the field, paste the text below
- STEP 4. Save the change and try running the game without a Modern Warfare Fatal Error
4. Putting the Game on the Priority List
Another way users find the game to be working without any Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error is by putting the game on a priority list to give it enough memory to run the game. Follow the steps to see how you can do it.
- STEP 1. Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE and a new window will open up
- STEP 2. From the list, choose Task manager
- STEP 3. Under the process tab, locate the call of duty
- STEP 4. Once you found it right-click on it, and from the menu list, choose Go to details
- STEP 5. Again right-click on the Call of Duty
- STEP 6. Now select Priority and choose High
- STEP 7. Save the changes and check if the Modern Warfare Fatal Error appears
5. Use VPN
Many users have also recommended that the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Fatal Error doesn’t appear if you use the VPN program. So try using any VPN program; there are many VPN programs for free use, and some come with a trial. So try and check if the error that appears.
6. Deleting the Player Folder
Another workaround for this error is to delete the player folder. Users have confirmed that deleting these folders or renaming them fixes the Modern Warfare Fatal Error issue. Follow the steps.
- STEP 1. First of all, close the game, also from Task Manager
- STEP 2. Navigate to Documents > Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- STEP 3. You will see player folders inside the game folder. Delete them
- STEP 4. Now Run the game and check if the Modern Warfare Fatal Error persists
The above guide gives all the solutions to fix Modern Warfare Fatal Error. The article demonstrates various solutions that help eliminate this Modern Warfare Fatal Error issue.
For more similar guides and tips like this Modern Warfare Fatal Error article, follow us. Thank you!
I’ll immediately grab your rss as I can’t find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.