NBA 2k17 is a Basket Simulation game that has been around for quite some time. The game is considered the top sports video game to date. NBA 2K17 is the 18th installment of the series and launched in 2016, and since then, it has been nominated for multiple gaming awards. But since its launch, the game has not been worked successfully for a lot of users. There have been complaints regarding the game; among those issues is the 2k17 won’t load issue. Various users have complaints that the game suddenly stops loading at various places. Some users claim that the issue appears right after launching the game, while some claim that the issue appears on accessing my career page. This guide aims to give some tips and solutions to fix this frustrating issue easily.
Causes of 2k17 won’t load Problem Issue:
Talking of the causes behind NBA 2k17 won’t load issue well; the main cause is the game’s stability; if you are running an outdated version of the game, you will get into the issues. Furthermore, there have been issues with the game like corrupted profile, profile not loading, and saved game file, not loading. It’s all because of the corrupted data, or the game is itself not responding correctly.
How to Fix 2k17 Won’t Load Problem Issue
Fixing the NBA 2k17 Won’t Load Issue is a fairly easy task; below, we have gathered various tips, solutions, and methods to fix this issue. Follow the solutions, and if any solution does not work, feel free to try other solutions.
1. Restart the Game/System
On you face the NBA 2k17 Won’t Load issue, the first thing you need to do is to stop the game and the task manager completely. Then wait for a few minutes and again launch the game. If the issue still persists, then close the game shut down the system.
- Unplug the power cable and wait for at least 10 minutes
- Then plug back the power cable and start the system.
- Now try running the game without this NBA 2k17 Won’t Load the problem.
2. Clear My Reserved Space
If the NBA 2k17 Won’t Load issue still persists even after restarting the game, then follow the solution.
- STEP 1. Close the Game completely, from the task manager as well
- STEP 2. Open the game, go to the Dashboard, Press Start now, then go to Manage Game
- STEP 3. Now on the left, scroll down to Save Data, then go to Reserve Space
- STEP 4. Finally cleared Reserve Space
- STEP 5. Now start the game, and let the process complete, do not close the game
- STEP 6. Hopefully, the game will work without any NBA 2k17 Won’t Load issues
3. Replace chunk_cache.bin & chunk_cache2.bin Files
If you are still getting the issue, then use this method. Inside the WWE2K17 folder, we have chunk_cache.bin and chunk_cache2.bin Files. When these files are corrupted or unreadable, you get the NBA 2k17 won’t load issue. We just have to replace these files with dummy files. The game will automatically overwrite those files, and the issue will be fixed.
- STEP 1. Go to the WWE2K17 folder
- STEP 2. Now select the chunk_cache.bin and chunk_cache2.bin files and move them to some other directory juts for a backup
- STEP 3. Once the file has been moved, go back to the WWE2K17 folder
- STEP 4. Right-click and create two text files, rename the first text file to chunk_cache.bin, make sure that the file change to bin file
- STEP 5. Now put the second txt filename to be chunk_cache2.bin and save
- STEP 6. Once done, try running the game, and it should run fine with this NBA 2k17 Won’t Load issue
In this troubleshooting guide, we have gone through some methods to fix the NBA 2k17 won’t load issue. We have also discussed all the possible causes of the issue.
We hope by following this guide, and your NBA 2k17 Won’t Load issue is fixed; for more similar guides and gaming stuff, follow us. Thank you!