Call of duty is one of the most famous games that is played worldwide. Our today’s guide talks about a specific crash issue that occurs while playing Call of Duty: Black ops. If you are also facing sudden crashes while launching the game or in the middle of gameplay, follow this guide, as we will be discussing all the possible causes as well as solutions to fix the black ops 3 crash on startup issue.
Causes of Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup Problem
Talking of the possible causes of the issue. Some known issues can trigger the crash. For starters, utility programs like a game booster, processor overclocking voltage control have been known to be the possible cause behind the crash issue. Furthermore, third-party antivirus and your windows firewall are also possible causes as they block the game from running. Last but not least, there are some chances that the game is incompatible with the latest version of the windows you are using.
- Active Game booster, Processor Overclocking, Voltage control Applications
- Third-party antivirus and your windows firewall
- Game is incompatible
Similar Types of Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup Issue
- Black ops 3 crash after Activision logo
- Black ops 3 won’t launch pc 2019
- Black ops 3 crashing pc
- Black ops 3 not responding on launch
- Black ops 3 won’t launch pc 2018
- Black ops 3 safe mode crash
- Black ops 3 closings itself
- Black ops 3 not launching pc
How to Fix Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup Problem Issue
In order to fix the Issues, we have gathered some methods that will surely be helpful in resolving the issue. Feel free to try them and make sure to go through all the basic troubleshooting points before proceeding to any other methods.
1. Basic Troubleshooting Points
It is not always necessary that the game has some problems. There might be some small thing that is causing the game to crash. Below we have stated all the important points that you must go through. In case the COD Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup issue still persists, then you can try the other methods.
- Run the game as administrator
- Restart the system and try running the game
- Update your Windows
- Update your Game
- Update your graphics driver
2. Disable Firewall and Antivirus
There is a fair chance that your antivirus might be blocking the game. To run the game, you need to disable the antivirus temporarily as long as you are playing the game. In case you have not installed any antivirus disable the firewall.
Below are all the steam Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup steps to disable the firewall.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start menu and open up Control Panel
- STEP 2. Now go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall
- STEP 3. On the left, you can see the link for Turn Windows Firewall on or off, click on it
- STEP 4. Now disable the firewall for the public and private network, then save the changes
- STEP 5. Now try running the game
3. Run the Game with Default System Configurations
- If you are trying to run the game by overclocking the CPU or GPU,, you might face the Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup avast issue.
- The same goes for the voltage. If you have made any changes to the voltage of any CPU core or similar, kindly revert back to the normal configurations.
- Also, if you are using any sort of game boosting or overlay applications like Spotify, streaming, recording application, close them as well.
4. Activate Developer Mode
Some of the games require developer mode to be turned on. According to Microsoft officials activating the developer mode solves the Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup windows 10 issue. Follow the below steps to do so.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start menu and then open Settings
- STEP 2. Go to Update and Security. On the left, you can see the For Developer tab. Click on it
- STEP 3. Now on the right, simply turn on the Developer mode
- STEP 4. Once done, try running the game
5. Run in the Compatibility Mode
For some users running the game in compatibility mode with windows 7 solves the Black Ops 3 Crash on Startup PC issue.
- STEP 1. Close the game completely, and open My computer
- STEP 2. Now follow the below path
C:\Program File (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops
- STEP 3. Once you reach there, locate the launcher and right-click on it
- STEP 4. Go to the Properties, head to the Compatibility tab
- STEP 5. Below tick on Run this program on compatibility mode for
- STEP 5. From the drop-down menu, choose Windows 7
- STEP 6. Below Settings
- Tick on Reduced color mode and set it to 16-bit.
- Tick on Disable display scaling on high DPI Settings
- STEP 7. Once done, Save the changes and try running the game
In this guide, we have gone through solutions to fix black ops 3 crash on startup issue. The guide goes through the causes of the problem as well.
We hope your issue has been resolved for more guides like this to follow us. Thank you!