Far cry is a well-known gaming title. It is one of those games that you can’t get bored with no matter how much you play. The game features a stunning storyline and good graphics. One of the great things about this game is that you need a high-end gaming machine to play the game. It can even run on an entry-level computer as well. The game is available for many devices, including PC. However, the PC users are facing a great issue; every time the user tries to run the game, it crashes instantly. If you are also facing a crash issue, well this guide is for you. We have managed to gather some of the best working ways by which you can easily fix the far cry 5 crashing issue.
Causes of Far Cry 5 Crashing Problem Issue
Some known reasons have been causing the far cry 5 crashing pc issue. First is the overclocking of CPU/GPU, some users who do not have a gaming computer try to overclock their CPU so that the game can get enough power to run. However, this can results in the crashing issue as well. Moving on, if your system is not powerful enough and you run the game with high graphics settings, then also the game crashes. Furthermore, there are some other graphics settings as well that might trigger the issue. Last but not least is the player profile. If your computer is infected or you have recently installed any third-party program, then there are chances the profiles are corrupted, and thus the game is crashing.
Similar Types of Far Cry 5 Crashing Problem Issue
- Far cry 5 crashing on startup
- On loading screen
- Far cry 5 change clothes crash fix.
- Far cry 5 crash on a new game
- Far cry 5 keeps crashing ps4
- Far cry 5 crashing Xbox one
- Far cry 1 crash on startup
How to Fix Far Cry 5 Crashing Problem Issue
To fix the Far Cry 5 Crashing to desktop issue, below, e have demonstrated all the possible ways that you can use it. All the methods have been demonstrated using steps for a better understanding.
1. Important things to Verify
Ubisoft developers have acknowledged the Far Cry 5 Crashing on loading screen issue and given some things that need to be checked and make sure that they are right.
- Make sure that the desktop color depth is set to True Color (32-bit).
- Make sure that all the virtual drive programs are disabled.
2. Lower Down Graphics
If you are running a system that is not capable of running the game in high graphics settings, then you might face the game Far Cry 5 Crashing on startup issue. No matter what you do, clean booting or increase virtual RAM, it will not fix the crashing issue. The best is to lower down the graphics. Follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Make sure that your game is running, head to the main menu
- STEP 2. Now click on Video, then proceed to the Monitor tab
- STEP 3. Below get to the Windowed Mode, and choose Windowed
- STEP 4. Now click on the Quality tab, then set the graphics quality to Low
- STEP 5. Go to the Advanced Settings tab and turn off the V-Sync
- STEP 6. Once all the changes have been done, restart the system
3. Disable CPU & GPU Overclocking
Some users try to overcome the low graphics issue by overclocking the CPU and GPU, and there is nothing bad in this, as most of the games do not Far Cry 5 Crashing pc when CPU/GPU is overclocked and run much better than the default clock.
But some games detect the overclocking and crashes instantly. There is only one fix. You have to set it to the default clock. Then try running the game with low graphics settings, and hopefully, you will be able to play the game without any issues.
4. Delete Game Profiles
There are fair chances that the game profile might have been corrupted; it can be due to any malware or any third-party application. Game profiles are essential, crucial information is stored in them, and when the game loads up, these files are retrieved by the system. When these files are corrupted, you might face the Far Cry 5 Crashing to desktop issue. Follow the below steps to delete the corrupted profiles.
- STEP 1. Make sure that the game is closed completely
- STEP 2. Now go to Documents > My Games > Far Cry 5
- STEP 3. Inside the folder Delete check.txt and gameprofile.txt
- STEP 4. Once done, Restart your system and then try running the game
5. Tweaking the Configuration File
Use the method when you have already tried the above methods. It is the last resort to fix the Far Cry 5 Crashing on loading screen issues. Otherwise, you have to clean reinstall the game.
- STEP 1. Make sure that the game is closed completely, now visit the below path
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Crytek\Far Cry
- STEP 2. Now locate the .cfg file and right-click, open with Notepad
- STEP 3. Once opened, locate the below configuration and put it as it is bellow
r_WaterReflections = “0” e_overlay_geometry = “0” r_WaterRefractions = “0”
- STEP 4. Finally, save the changes, and restart your system
- STEP 5. Once restarted, try running the game
In the above troubleshooting guide, we have gone through the far cry 5 crashing issue. The guide explains the causes and solutions to this issue.
We hope this Far Cry 5 Crashing guide is helpful. For more guides like this, follow us. Thank you!