Conan exiles is a survival game that is set in a prehistoric time period. If I talk about the basic storyline, you play the role of an exiled person who is tortured, punished, and crucified below the torching sun. However, this dreadful life does not last long as the famous warrior Conan the barbarian, saves you. Your aim then is to survive, improve, and live prosperously in the harsh world. Moving on to our today’s guide, various users facing a strange authentication issue. Actually, whenever the user tries to launch the game, Conan exiles authentication failed error box appears. If you are also facing the same issue follow this guide.
Causes Of Conan Exiles Authentication Failed Error Problem
Talking of the issue, we can conclude that the issue is known to the game developers, and there are some known reasons as to why you are facing this issue. The first reason is the BattlEye. BattlEye is an anti-cheat engine that comes by default with the game, and it is included to detect any sort of mod or cheat engine. Furthermore, the active windows firewall also causes an authentication issue.
- Active Windows Firewall
Similar Types Of Conan Exiles Authentication Failed Error Issue
- Conan exiles failed to join the requested game.
- Conan exiles pending connection failure fix
- Conan exiles prelogin failure
- Conan exiles could not connect to the server.
- Conan exiles dedicated server
- Conan exiles failed to join the requested game authentication.
- Conan Exiles mods failed validation.
How to Fix Conan Exiles Authentication Failed Error Problem Issue
To fix the Issue, we have collected the best working methods. All the methods have been stated below. Feel free to use them.
1. Disable/ Remove Mods and Cheat Engine
So the first thing you can do to fix the Conan Exiles Authentication Failed coop issue is to delete or disable any game mod or cheat engine. As the game by default comes with an anti-cheat engine, it can detect the game mod and similar programs.
So it is suggested that you must remove these problematic programs.
- STEP 1. Close the game completely
- STEP 2. Uninstall or delete the cheat engine or mod
- STEP 3. Restart your system, then try running the game
- STEP 4. In case the issue still persists, follow the below method
2. Reinstall BattlEye Anti Cheat Engine
If you have already removed the game mod or the cheat engine and still facing the issue, well, the BattlEye anti-cheat engine is not letting you pass the authentication screen. It is a known bug of the game, and maybe it is not responding. Majorly all the users are having this issue. To fix the Conan Exiles Authentication Failed fix issue, you just need to reinstall it.
- STEP 1. While you are running Steam, head to the Library
- STEP 2. Now on the game library, locate Conan Exiles and right-click on it
- STEP 3. Choose Properties, now head to the Local Files tab
- STEP 4. Click on the Browse Local Files button
- STEP 5. You will be redirected to the installation folder of the game
- STEP 6. Also, close the Steam client
- STEP 7. In the game folder, you can see the Folder BattlEye
- STEP 8. Go inside the folder right click on BattlEye, and Run as administrator
3. Turn OFF Windows Firewall
Although the above methods will surely fix the Conan Exiles Authentication Failed coop issue. In case the is not fixed, turn off the windows firewall.
- STEP 1. Go to the Control Panel, then System and Security
- STEP 2. Now click on Windows Firewall
- STEP 3. On the top left, click on the link saying Turn windows firewall on or off
- STEP 4. Finally, turn off the firewall for both the private and public networks
The above guide talks about various solutions to fix the Conan Exiles Authentication Failed Issue.
Hopefully, by following this guide, your issue has been fixed. Thank you!