Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a newly launched game that is developed and published by Nintendo. Animal crossing is a social simulation game and can only be played on Nintendo Switch. The game has become popular among gamers and is famous for its quests and world-building. But recently a lot of users have been facing some error. Users have reported that they are not able to connect to other friends nor friends can connect back. Every time they try to connect they are getting Error Code 2618-0513. Although fixing the error is not hard. So in this troubleshooting guide, we will be giving you some solutions to fix this on the Nintendo switch.
Causes of Error Code 2618-0513 Problem Issue
Talking of the causes behind Error Code 2618-0513 On Nintendo Switch, it is clear that it is a network issue. Users who have been getting this error have reported that the issue can be related to the DNS settings. Furthermore, there are chances that your internet might not be working. There can be some temporary network issues from the ISP side as well. Users have also reported that outdated router firmware is also one of the possible causes of this issue.
- Internet is not working
- Internet is slow and unstable
- DNS settings
- ISP side temporary network issue
- Outdated Router Firmware software
Similar Types of Error Code 2618-0513 Problem Issue
- 2618-0513 animal crossing
- Error Code 2618-0513 Reddit
- Switch animal crossing
- Nintendo switch animal crossing
- Animal crossing error code 2618-0521
- Error code 2618-0515 animal crossing
- Error code 2618-0006 animal crossing
- Error code 2618-0519
How to Fix Error Code 2618-0513 Problem Issue
In this section, we will go through all the possible solutions and tips to fix Error Code 2618-0513 On Nintendo Switch. Since there are multiple causes to this issue we have covered all the methods.
1. Check your Internet
So once you get the switch error code 2618-0513 On Nintendo Switch, the first thing you need to do is to check if your inter is actually working or not. For this, you can use your smartphone or PC or similar device.
- STEP 1. Simply fire up any browser
- STEP 2. Try visiting a couple of sites and check if the websites are opening-up
- STEP 3. If websites are opening just fine proceed to the next method
2. Check Your Internet Speed
Now the second thing you have to do if your internet is working is to check the network speed. You need a fast and stable internet connection to avoid these types of Nintendo switch error code 2618-0513.
According to the Nintendo official site, it is recommended that you should have at least 3mbps plan. If you have no idea what is your network speed follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Head to Network speed check websites like Ookla or Speedtest
- STEP 2. Once the website is opened up, simply click on Go
- STEP 3. Now sit back and watch, within a few seconds you can see the download and upload speed both
- STEP 4. If download speed is lower than 3mbps, its time to contact your ISP
3. Update the Router Firmware
Multiple users as well as Nintendo official executives have reported that the smash ultimate error code 2618-0513 error may occur if your router firmware is outdated. So it is recommended that you must update the firmware software of the router. Below is a generic method to update the router firmware.
- STEP 1. Head to the Router manufacturer website
- STEP 2. There you have to find the link for the latest firmware and download it
- STEP 3. Once downloaded, open up the Router’s Administrative Console
- STEP 4. There you have to locate settings like Update Software, it can be under advanced options a well
- STEP 5. From there you have to browse the downloaded file. and your router firmware will be updated
- STEP 6. Now simply Reboot the Router
4. Resetting Router
If your firmware is running the latest version then also you have to perform this method. There can be some temporary glitch between the connection. To fix this temporary switch error code 2618-0513 issue follow the steps.
- STEP 1. Go to your Router
- STEP 2. On either side, there will be a button for reset
- STEP 3. Simply press it and your router will be restored to its factory settings
- STEP 4. Now try if the error persists
5. Contact Customer Care
If any of the above Nintendo switch error code 2618-0513 methods fail to work, now you have to contact the customer care support of the Nintendo switch. Tell them your issue and they will surely help you out.
In the above guide, we have demonstrated all the methods to fix Error Code 2618-0513 On Nintendo Switch. Furthermore, we have talked about the possible causes of this issue as well. We hope your issue has been fixed.
For more guides like this Error Code 2618-0513 follow us. Thank you!