No man’s sky is a game that is comprised of multiple elements. You get to explore, survive, combat, and trade in the game. The game follows a real-time strategic approach. You can play the game in first as well as in a third-person perspective. In the game, you play the role of an alien humanoid, an explorer. The game features beautiful visuals and a good storyline. The game was initially released for PC and PS4. However, PC users are facing a lot of issues while playing. The game crashes instantly during the launch or after playing for a while. Follow this guide if you are also facing the No Man’s Sky Crashing Issue. We have covered all the solutions to fix this issue.
Causes of No Man’s Sky Crashing Problem
Regarding the game’s crashing issues, we have managed to gather all the major and minor issues that might trigger these crash issues. For starters running an outdated version of the game. If you are trying to run an outdated version of the game, then the crash issue will continue to occur. There are some bugs in earlier versions of the game, which has been fixed. Also, if you have installed any game mod, the game crashes instantly. Furthermore, corrupted or missing game files might also lead to crash issues.
- Running an outdated version of the game
- Installed any game mod
- Corrupted or missing game files
Similar Types of No Man’s Sky Crashing Issues
- No man’s sky crashing 2020
- No man’s sky crashes after selecting the game mode
- No man’s sky crash on the loading screen
- To desktop
- No man’s sky the game has encountered an error
- No man’s sky keeps crashing pc 2020
- Xbox one
- No man’s sky crashing ps4 2020
- No man’s sky crashing pc 2020
- On startup pc
- After update
How to Fix No Man’s Sky Crashing Problem Issues
Now let’s go through all the solutions you can quickly fix No Man’s Sky Crashing on startup Issues within a few minutes. Follow each step carefully; if the method is not working, try the following method.
1. Update the Game to the Latest Version
So the first way to resolve the No Man’s Sky Crashing PS4 issue is to update the game. It is said that the earlier versions of the game are known to have bugs. Developers acknowledged it and released a new version. So make sure that you have installed the latest version of the game.
Follow these steps to update the game.
- STEP 1. While you are running the Steam client, go to the games library
- STEP 2. Now Right-click on No Man’s Sky and go to Properties
- STEP 3. Go to the Updates tab and Open Update Options
- STEP 4. Here make sure Automatic Updates is set to High Priority
2. Repair Game Files
Another thing that triggers the No Man’s Sky Crashing PC is the corrupted game cache files. There is an easy fix for this; follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. While the Steam client is opened up, go to the games library
- STEP 2. Locate and Right-click No Man’s Sky from the context menu and go to Properties
- STEP 3. Now go to the Local files tab
- STEP 4. Below there will be a button name Verify the Integrity of Game Cache
- STEP 5. Click on that button to start the process
- STEP 6. Make sure that the system is connected to the internet during file repair
- STEP 7. Once the files are repaired, run the game without issues
3. Removing Shader Cache
A shader cache is a game property that is used during the game launch, however, when it is corrupted, the game No Man’s Sky Crashing on the startup pc instantly. You can quickly fix this issue by deleting the shader cache files. After deleting the existing package file, new cache files are generated, which are not corrupted, and your game will launch without issues.
- STEP 1. So the first step is to head to the installation folder using the below path
C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\SHADERCACHE
- STEP 2. Once you reach into the folder, press CTRL+A and delete every file in there
- STEP 3. Once done, try running the game so that a new shader cache is generated
4. Remove your Save Files
If the above method fails, then following this method, we will delete the temporary game cache files. The chance is that the temporary game files are corrupted. Now follow the below No Man’s Sky Crashing on launch steps.
- STEP 1. Press the Windows+R key; once the run window is opened up, Type %Appdata% and press Enter
- STEP 2. Once the AppData is opened up folder go to Hello Games > No Man’s Sky
- STEP 3. Now select all the files and delete everything
*NOTE: This is going to delete all of your save files so make sure to back them up before trying this solution.
- STEP 4. Now try launching the game
5. Removing Game Mods
If you are using any game mods, then make sure to remove them altogether. Some users are unable to run the game due to active game mods.
The game mod helps in tweaking out some aspects of the game. But sometimes these changes do not go well with the game and No Man’s Sky Crashing on PC the game instantly.
So it is suggested that you must remove the mods.
In this guide, we have used various methods to fix the No Man’s Sky Crashing Issue. The guide also talks about various reasons for these issues.
We hope that your No Man’s Sky Crashing issue is fixed by following this guide.