Skyrim is a gem when it comes to role-playing action-adventure games, the game has a creatively vast world to do side quests. With more than 90hours of gameplay, the game features stunning graphics, an immersive storyline, and beautiful soundtracks. The game has been released for all the major platforms including Xbox, PlayStation, and PC. Our today’s guide specifically talks about a very common issue faced by PC users while playing Skyrim. According to the users whenever they launch the game it crashes right after that, no matter how many times the game is launched it always crashes. This aim of this guide is to give you some solutions to fix Skyrim keeps crashing issue.
Causes of Skyrim Keeps Crashing Problem Issue
On gathering the solutions to fix the issue we came up with some very common causes by which the Skyrim keeps crashing Xbox one issue triggers. Users who have faced this issue have also confirmed these causes. For starters, a certain version of the game has a bug in which the auto-save functionality does not work correctly. While saving the progress of the game the data gets corrupted right at that moment and when the game automatically tries to resume the game from the saved progress it crashes. Furthermore, there are some graphics and sound settings that you must be changed to prevent any crashes.
Similar Types of Skyrim Keeps Crashing Issue
- Skyrim keeps crashing on startup
- No mods
- Skyrim keeps crashing on load
- Xbox one
- Skyrim crashing randomly
- Skyrim crash fix
- Xbox 360
How to Fix Skyrim Keeps Crashing Problem Issue
To fix the Skyrim Keeps Crashing on startup pc Issue we have demonstrated all the possible ways below. All the methods have been tested and found working.
1. Install the Latest Patch
If you are constantly facing the modded Skyrim Keeps Crashing issues, make sure to check and install the latest patch or update given by the developers. Developers frequently post patches for the game if there are actually any issues with the game. Hopefully, by applying the patch your issue will be resolved.
- STEP 1. Open up your browser, and open this link
- STEP 2. Now check if there is any patch available
- STEP 3. If present, kindly downloads and install it to fix this Skyrim Keeps Crashing pc.
2. Delete Autosave Files & Use Manual Save
As discussed earlier the few versions of the game are prone to be buggy after some time and the functionality of autosave gets affected. Every time the progress is autosaved the file gets corrupted. To fix this Skyrim Keeps Crashing on startup you have to delete all the autosaved files and use manual save.
- STEP 1. While you are running the game, press the ESC button
- STEP 2. From the menu list, click on the Save button to save the progress, now every time you have to save the game follow this step
- STEP 3. Once done, minimize or close the game and go to the game directory
- STEP 4. Now delete the Autosave files
- STEP 5. Once done, you are good to play and my Skyrim Keeps Crashing will not happen
3. Lower Down the Shadow Settings
If you are still facing the Skyrim Keeps Crashing to desktop issue, try to lower the shadow settings. It’s a graphic setting, sometimes the system is not able to handle the high texture and graphics details shadow is one of those graphics settings. Users have confirmed that lowering it down fixes the issue.
- STEP 1. While you are running the game, head to the main menu
- STEP 2. From there go to Options then Advanced Options
- STEP 3. Make sure that you are on the Detail tab, below you will be able to see the Shadow settings
- STEP 4. Make sure to put it Low, once done save the changes, and try running the game to get rid of Skyrim Keeps Crashing no mods.
3. Turn OFF ffdshow Audio Decoder
Another common cause behind the Skyrim keeps crashing with mods issue is the active ffdshow audio decoder. A bunch of users has confirmed that once you disable this the game does not crash.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu and type ffdshow
- STEP 2. From the search results choose ffdshow audio decoder
- STEP 3. On the left make sure that you are on the DirectShow control section
- STEP 4. Now on the right tick on Don’t use ffdshow in, and browse the skyrim.exe which is located at the installation folder
- STEP 5. Now save the changes and your Skyrim Keeps Crashing Xbox one mods issue will be fixed
4. Change the Sound Quality to 24-Bit
If the issue is still not fixed, then maybe the Skyrim Keeps Crashing after a few minutes issue is sound quality. Sound is one of the known issues with the game as it is not able to decode the high quality. To fix this follow the below steps.
- STEP 1. Go to the bottom right of the system screen, right-click on the Volume icon
- STEP 2. From the menu choose Sound
- STEP 3. Once you are in the Sound settings head to the Playback tab
- STEP4. Select speakers and whatever device you are using
- STEP 5. Right-click on the device and go to properties
- STEP 6. Go to the Advanced tab, now from the drop-down choose 24bit 44100 Hz
- STEP 7. Once done save the changes and you are all set to run the game without any Skyrim Keeps Crashing ps4 issues
In the above troubleshooting guide, we have seen various methods to resolve the Skyrim keeps crashing. We have discussed the possible causes of the issue and demonstrated all the ways to eliminate the issue.
For more guides like this Skyrim Keeps Crashing follow us. Thank you!