Divinity original sin 2 is the second installment of the divinity series. After the success of the first game, developers have made this game with increased graphics and overall improvements. As the main character, you play the role of a sorcerer and fight against enemies. Moving on to today’s guide, users of this game are facing this error. Whenever the user tries to launch the game, divinity original sin 2 DirectX error pops, and the game crashes instantly. Also, if you have somehow managed to run the game, then after a few minutes of gameplay, the game will crash.
Causes of Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error Problem
The issue has been bugging a lot of users. Lately, the problem actually occurs due to many reasons, and there are no clear causes of this issue. A few users have confirmed that using the game utility software like MSI afterburner or similar applications is the cause of this issue. Furthermore, if you are using incorrect or corrupted DirectX, then also the problem appears. Also, any sort of display changes like default resolution of the display or display driver issue might also cause this error.
- Overlay Programs like MSI afterburner
- Changing default screen resolution or corrupted display driver
- Incorrect DirectX version or corrupted DirectX files
Similar Types of Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error Issue
- Divinity: original sin 2 DirectX 12
- Divinity: original sin 2 failed to initialize DirectX
- Divinity original sin 2 games have failed to initialize DirectX.
- Divinity original sin 2 dxgi_error_device_removed
- The game has encountered an unrecoverable DirectX error.
- Divinity: original sin 2 error code c00
- Divinity original sin 2 dxdiag.txt crash
How to Fix Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error Problem Issue
By following the below solutions, hopefully, you will be able to eliminate the Error. The issue is very complicated as only a few users have the ability to resolve this issue. Below methods are some of those methods which have been found to be working. Make sure to follow each step carefully.
1. Reset to Default Resolution
So the first thing that we suggest is to reset any graphic changes to default. If you have made any changes to the default resolution of your system screen, then please revert it to default.
2. Disable OC / Boost Software like MSI Afterburner
The second thing you must do is to either uninstall or disable Overclocking/boosting software like MSI afterburner. These applications, in order to increase the performance alter the default CPU and GPU clock speed.
Below is a list of similar apps. It is suggested that if you have any of these applications installed or similar to these applications, e make sure to close them before launching the game.
- MSI Afterburner
- Xbox Game bar
- Screen Recording or Capturing Apps
3. Reinstall DirectX
One of the major causes of this Divinity Original Sin 2 DirectX Error issue is an incorrect version of DirectX installed in your system, or the files have gone corrupted. It is suggested that you install a fresh copy of DirectX. Follow the below steps to download and install DirectX. According to the developers of the game requires DirectX 11 to run.
- STEP 1. Open up your browser and visit this link
- STEP 2. Once the link is opened up, click the Download button
- STEP 3. Once the file is downloaded, simply double click to install
- STEP 4. Once done, restart your system, and your issue will be fixed
4. Update the Graphics Driver
In case the Divinity Original Sin 2 DirectX Error issue is still not fixed, we suggest that you must update the graphics driver. Follow the below steps now.
- STEP 1. Launch the Geforce Experience App
- STEP 2. Now on the top, click on the Drivers tab
- STEP 3. Enter the graphics model
- STEP 4. Now download and install the driver
In the above article, we have demonstrated several methods to fix the Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error. The issue occurs due to a couple of reasons which we have covered already.
We hope that your issue has been fixed. For more guides and news on games, follow us. Thank you!