Steam is one of the most used and known platforms that allows the user to access all the top-rated games belonging to a wide variety. If you are using steam then there are times when you face errors, our today’s guide talks about a similar issue. Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page is a very rare uncommon issue. Users facing this issue have confirmed that when they open up Steam to play any game then the error occurs with a statement saying unable to connect to the server. If you are also facing this issue then this guide is for you. We will be covering all the possible solutions and ways by which this error can be eliminated.
Causes Of Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page Issue
Talking of the causes of Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page we have managed to gather all the known causes that trigger the issue. This error generally means that something is preventing the Steam services to connect to the server. One of the causes is the Windows Firewall if you have not allowed the steam client to communicate through the firewall then you might face the issue. The same goes for third-party antivirus if you are using it. Furthermore, if you have recently installed any program then the installed program might be the cause of the error. Also if your internet is not working or your system is not connected to the internet also the error occurs.
- Windows firewall or third party Antivirus
- Recently installed program
- A virus in your system
- The system not connected to the Internet or Internet is not working itself
Similar Types Of Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page Issue
- Failed to load web page
- Steam error code 105
- Steam error code 118 mac
- Steam 118
- Steam error code 100
- Steam error code 101
- Error 118
How to Fix Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page Issue
Now let’s go through all the possible solutions and tips which can be used to eliminate the Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page issue from your system completely.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
So the first thing we suggest you eliminate the error issue is to check if your internet is working fine or not. As there are a lot of users who have neglected this factor and directly jump on to the major methods to fix the Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page issue. We suggest you kindly go through the below points.
- Check If your system is connected to the Internet
- Check if the Internet is working
- Restart your Router
2. Allowing Steam to Run through Firewall
One of the major causes of Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page is when the windows firewall blocks the Steam client from communicating. To fix this issue you have to manually add the Steam client to the allowed list of windows firewall.
Below are all the important steps required to allow the steam client to run through the firewall. In case you are using any third-party antivirus you have to allow Steam in that also.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu and type Control Panel then hit Enter
- STEP 2. Once you are in the Control panel change the view to Category and click on System and Security
- STEP 3. Now on the right click on Windows Defender Firewall / Windows Firewall
- STEP 4. On the top left click on Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall link
- STEP 5. Below you will find a button called Allow another app, click on it, and browse the launcher file of the game
- STEP 6. Once done, you have to browse the launcher file, make sure to tick mark on the Private and Public checkbox, and save the changes
- STEP 7. Once done try running the game
3. Uninstall Recently Installed Program
If you have recently installed any program and then you started getting the Steam Error Code 118 Failed To Load Web Page. Then there is a possibility that the program might be interfering with the Steam client process.
Follow the below steps to uninstall the program.
- STEP 1. Go to the Start Menu and search for Control Panel
- STEP 2. Open up Control Panel and go to Programs
- STEP 3. On the left, you can see all the programs installed on your system
- STEP 4. Locate the program that you have installed recently
- STEP 5. Now right-click on it and uninstall it
- STEP 6. Once uninstalled, simply restart your system, and hopefully, your issue is fixed
Today’s guide is all about the steam error code 118 failed to load web page. This error code prevents the user from running steam. However, by following the above-mentioned methods this issue can easily be fixed.
We hope by following this guide your Steam Error Code 118 failed to load web page issue is fixed. For more guides on games follow us. Thank you!