If you have been playing the call of duty modern warfare, then you must have encounter error here and there. Within these errors, full of headache is the dev error 6068. Users have reported that the error appears out of nowhere, some of them are claiming it comes right of when they launch the game. While some of them are saying that it seems while they are in between the game. Errors surely spoil all the mood, and it gets worse when you have no idea how it can be fixed. Well, in this troubleshooting guide, we will be demonstrating some methods and giving you some information regarding Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Causes of Dev Error 6068 Code Problem Issue
Now before directly jumping right on to the solution, it would be great if you spent a minute reading this information. As it may help if you get the error when playing other games. Multiple users have reported that the Dev Error 6068 error appears because of some issues with graphics settings, or maybe your system doesn’t have that much power to run the game. Furthermore, non-optimal settings and configuration can also be a possible cause. The error may cause system freeze and random reboot during gameplay.
- Issues with graphics settings
- Issues with game configuration and optimal settings
- The system doesn’t satisfy minimum configuration of the game
Similar Types of Dev Error 6068 Code Problem Issue
- Dev Error 6068 Warzone
- Warzone fix
- Warzone Reddit
- R9 390
- DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error
- Dev error 6068 5700xt
- Modern warfare march 2020
- Cod warzone fix
How to Fix Dev Error 6068 Code Problem Issue
Here in this section, we will be giving you some ways, tips, and solutions to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev error 6068. Below are all the methods you can use.
1. Run Modern Warfare & Battle.net Launcher With Administrator Permission
As multiple users have reported that the error was resolved when they run the program with administrator rights. Follow the Dev Error 6068 modern warfare steps to see how it is done.
- STEP 1. Right Click on the Modern Warfare launcher file
- STEP 2. From the menu choose Run as an administrator
- STEP 3. For Permanent make this program run as administrator, again Right Click on the Modern Warfare launcher file
- STEP 4. Go to Properties
- STEP 5. Move to the Compatibility Tab
- STEP 6. Below check on Run this program as an Administrator checkbox
- STEP 7. Save the changes
- STEP 8. Perform the same steps for Battle.net launcher
2. Disable Application & Overlays
We highly recommend that you must disable all the below services or the programs that offer any of these services. So get rid of this modern warfare Dev Error 6068 now,
- Performance monitoring
- MSI afterburner metrics
- Broadcasting Service
- Video/audio recording
- Taking screenshots
- Instant replay
- Share menu
Also, if you have any of the below apps running, make sure to either disable or uninstall them.
- GeForce Experience
- Game Bar
3. Tweak Graphics Settings
In this method, we will demonstrate how to run the game borderless. As suggested by many users, it solves the cod MW Dev Error 6068 issue.
- STEP 1. Open Call Of Duty Modern warfare
- STEP 2. Now go to Settings and then go to the Graphics
- STEP 3. Under the Display, Mode choose Fullscreen Borderless
4. Use DirectX 11 to Run Call of Duty
Many users have reported that the game is not compatible with Directx 12. Follow the Dev Error 6068 Reddit steps to change it to use DirectX 11
- STEP 1. Run Battle.net launcher
- STEP 2. Now click on Options > Game Settings
- STEP 3. Tick on Additional Command Line Arguments and in the field paste the text below
- STEP 4. Save the change and try running the game without errors
5. Disable Ray Tracing & Crossplay
You can get rid out of this call of duty modern warfare Dev Error 6068 problem by disabling ray tracking and crossplay.
- STEP 1. Open Call of Duty, go to Options > Shadow & Lighting
- STEP 2. Now disable DirectX Ray tracing
- STEP 3. Now go back to Options then Account
- STEP 4. Select Crossplay and Disable it
- STEP 5. Now run the game
6. Setting the Game to Priority
Another way the Dev Error 6068 cod MW method can be fixed is by putting the game on top of the priority list so that the game can use all the memory resources.
- STEP 1. Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE, a new window will open up
- STEP 2. From the list choose Task manager
- STEP 3. Under the process tab, locate call of duty
- STEP 4. Once you found it right-click on it, from the menu list choose Go to details
- STEP 5. Again right-click on the Call of Duty
- STEP 6. Now select Priority and choose High
- STEP 7. Save the changes and check if the error appears
7. Tweak Graphic Memory Scale
Maybe the high video memory scale is causing the issue. Lowering it down may fix the Dev Error 6068 modern warfare issue follow the steps to do that.
- STEP 1. First of all, make sure that the game is not running
- STEP 2. Completely close the game by going into Task Manager and then ending the task
- STEP 3. Once done, navigate below
Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
- STEP 4. Here locate adv_options.ini, right-click on it and open in Notepad
- STEP 5. Now locate VideoMemoryScale line, use the ctrl+f to find the line
- STEP 6. Replace the default value to 0.5, then save the file
- STEP 7. Try running the game now
By following the above methods, you will surely fix the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068. We have given all the information that we had. If you still face issues, tell us in the comments.
For more troubleshooting guides like this Dev Error 6068, then follow us. Thank you!